subtitle

Endurance....

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Thursday

Really thats all I can say- its Thursday.

As you can see above, Madison is still out of the pool..... though I think tonight will be the last of that. Her pus is all oozed out, her skin has peeled off and left a big hardened scab looking thing. She is definitely past the worst of it. Its kinda embarrassing for me that she ended up with such a horrendous infection...... I know its not my fault, but when your child is getting dressing changes done daily with the school nurse, you can't help but feel you did something wrong- right? Even worse- the school nurse is on car-line duty this week, so I have had to face her everyday....... discussing the progress of Maddie's toe. All the while she is thinking that I must have rubbed the toe in a cesspool to get it to be so bad.......

Madison came home today with the news that she made the honor role...... and that the ceremony is tomorrow at 2:15. Really, we don't need any notice, one day is fine- Anyway, I decided I am going. They give me something called "parental leave" for just such a thing, and since its the end of the day, my students won't miss out on much. They will probably love the break from me!

I am sure tomorrow's blog will have pictures of Maddie making the honor role and me playing hooky :)



3 comments:

  1. This has to be the grossed sentence to me!
    "Her pus is all oozed out, her skin has peeled off and left a big hardened scab looking thing"

    Glad her toe is getting better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Mads! Congrats on the honor role~! That looks funny to type, but it can't be honor roll - cause then it would be bread, right?

    ANYWAY...... so really, what IS the whole story with the toe? You can't gross me out, I once graduted nursing school. Was it an ingrown toenail? or what??

    Love from Cali!
    Melda

    PS.....Zion decided today - in the car - at random - that he didn't really have that many friends in San Diego and he could move to Guam with his best friend Ellie and that would be better than staying here with just "regular" friends. hmmmm........ there you go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An ingrown toenail gone horribly wrong! Much better now though after a week on antibiotics.

    And I showed Ellie your post- she is more than happy to fill the role :)

    ReplyDelete