subtitle

Endurance....

Friday, March 5, 2010

Its an honor....

Sorry for missing yesterday- ran out of time and energy last night..... does anyone get sick of my excuses for the nights I miss or can I count on your pity for my busy life?

I made it to Madison's school for the giving of the honor role certificate.
My students sincerely didn't mind having a school aide babysitting them for an hour.... not to mention that they are used to absent teachers- I think teacher attendance is an issue at this school (one of many that the administration has to deal with).
Madison was very happy to have me there (I can tell the level of appreciation by the amount of "I love you"'s that I got). She missed the Principal's List because of her B+ in math- and apparently her friends were asking her how she ended up on just the honor role..... maybe that kind of feedback will be more effective than my harping at report card time? Anyway- really so proud of her for the grades that she is getting and so grateful that her learning ability isn't an issue........ the emotional side is enough to deal with :p Love Maddie, but OH the drama!

Ellie is doing well all round. She worked hard this past week at swim team, having Maddie out seems to have agreed with her. She said last night "Does Maddie have to come back? Its been peaceful without her...." Ellie went through a short phase of crying at swim team practices (getting out of the water saying "I miss my family and friends back home") but knock on wood that seems to have resolved itself. She is doing well at school as well. This week I had a spontaneous comment in an email from her teacher that said this:
Ellie is a remarkable student who demonstrates enthusiasm and is highly motivated in class..
Have a great day!
So glad that the way I know her to be at home spills over into her school life.

Honestly can't tell you how blessed I feel for being given the chance to raise them both. Truly an honor.
I find that so easy to think right now....... mostly because they are both outside playing nicely- ask me again in half an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment