subtitle

Endurance....

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Saturday Done.

Busy day.

The girls had the short course championship meet today- did very well. Maddie had one first place in the 50m free and a second in the 50m back. Ellie had second place in all five of her events. Both girls relay teams came in first. Best times in everything. Great day for both.

Kevin stayed home (as I mentioned yesterday) to be part of the window exchange. Brand new windows throughout the whole house- we are ready now for nuclear attack because our windows are up to snuff. This is what I came home from the meet to:
The only benefit was that all the furniture was moved around and vacuumed behind. Not the impetus I would choose for house cleaning but got the job done nonetheless. We've decided that we'll just get them to change the windows out every few months instead of cleaning them. Pretty sure they will be changing out the windows in the house next door too- so it will be all ready for you Melda! :)

Finished grading all my sensory system papers today while the workmen did their thing. Ellie worked on her "Leprechaun Trap" project, its really cute- I will put in a picture of it tomorrow if she finishes it up. Tonight as a first we did take-out Thai food.
Made for a nice ending to a day that just didn't quit!

Tomorrow will be church- teaching 2nd grade Sunday School again this week which just makes Ellie's day. The afternoon will be a homework day as both girls have science fair projects to get going on, and I have lesson plans that won't plan themselves! Followed closely by a bonus swim practice in the evening. I can already see myself asking "where did my weekend go?"

Oh and for Julie.... thanks again for my t-shirt.
Maddie has adopted it as her pj's seeing how it was indecently tight on me (not sure what you think is appropriate Julie....... ) Not sure even WHY you would send a Twilight t-shirt to me (ok, so I read the fourth book twice......) and even more unsure why it would say Edward on it! (those of you who don't read Twilight, just know that Jacob is the character of choice..... trust me).
The funny part is that Maddie has always said she didn't like Edward, never having read the books but kids at school talk. She claims Edward punches like a "pixie". So when I told her that I was giving the t-shirt to Ellie to sleep in- she piped up with "well since Aunt Julie gave it to you, I guess I would like to have it...." and has worn it constantly since.
All this as a tribute and a thank you for my friend Julie- thanks for thinking of me :) - sorry about your shortsightedness regarding Edward......

3 comments:

  1. Excellent blog!

    Sorry about the window mess......ugh.

    FYI - my first choice of housing is "bigger" ie, Apra View - but still, we can meet at the Pizza Hut on the corner! And will be there by the time you return from Cananda. Of course, I say this as Mike has STILL not been able to get in touch with the detailer regarding the orders "shift".

    Regarding Twilight: I agree with you on the team Jacob thing: 100%, but I think book 3 was the better than #4. Which leads me to say..... you have to wait until I get to Guam to go see the movie! (*unless of course, you already have plans to see it with Julie, which I totally understand!)

    Off to start our Sat....as you sleep into Sunday. (Do you have daylight savings time there?) Our clocks change tonight..... I hope I remember that when I go to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? So excited that the plans are in motion for you to move here! Yay me! Also gotta say- read the third one twice too :). Apra view will be perfect- it's right on my way to work, better get yourself the good coffee maker!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such good news that melda is joining the forces on guam....does that mean we need to pack a double load of Tim Horton coffee for transport?
    Congrats to the wee swimmers,,Welland swim team will be an awesome force this year when all five grandchildren burn up the lanes.
    Turned the clocks so it makes for a shorter morning this am to check the email traffic.
    Love to all and will phone Graeme a happy birthday wish shortly....Have a great week..the Welland group has started their Spring break so we may see them this week between busy times.

    ReplyDelete