subtitle

Endurance....

Monday, March 29, 2010

Day One.

First day off went something like this:

Got the girls to school for 8am.
Went straight to the college to input data for 2 1/2 hours.
Out to lunch with my boss and two other instructors.
20 min later I could feel the inside of my mouth swelling -odd?
After 40 min, me quietly wondering if my throat was going to close up.
45 min into it one girl says to me "Are your cheeks swelling?"
One hour later I made it home- downed some Benadryl and hoped it didn't get worse.
3 o'clock picking up the girls- still with a swollen mouth and now high on antihistamines.
Dragged all three of us to the commissary.... oy
Made supper.... also oy
9pm of day one- mouth almost doesn't hurt and glad to report the swelling is down.
So day one, I discovered I have a food allergy of some sort......it'll take a lot to top that on day two.

Just wanted to add in this photo to demonstrate for you what I often mention- Maddie and books:
This is next to Madison's place at the table. Inkspell and Little Women she is reading for the second time. She loved the Red Badge of Courage (read it in one evening), the pink book is her Bible, and the bottom one is a dog training book. So many books on the go at one time- I don't know how she does it. She is also carrying around a Dogs of the World book right now (has slept with it under her pillow for 4 nights now). Its not in this picture- probably because she was reading it when I took the photo. The Dogs of the World belonged to my sister Jodie when she was Maddie's age, still has the name sticker in the front cover- its from 1976. Wonder if she remembers it?
All this to help you visualize the next time I talk about Madison reading- so many books, so much reading time, not complaining- just sayin'.
Ellie has somewhat of the reading bug as well. I am not putting the picture in here but at Ellie's spot there are two books at any given time. She is starting to borrow from Madison's book shelves, her favorites right now are the Sisters Grimm books.
Now with Ellie you will often find her DSi somewhere near as well- she seems to have a bit of her Dad's love for video games. The part that bothers me is that she is good at it.

I'll be sure to let you know about day two of my week off- I am hoping it will become less busy as I go as opposed to more.

2 comments:

  1. Holy smokes.......did you think about what you ate that was different?
    that's not good......not good at all!
    (maybe you should consider some Benadryl in your purse)

    We are Spring Break Day One - although, with Mike home - the weekend counts. But haven't made it to the library yet for a new list of books. Today, we drove up to Downtown Disney to meet some friends vacationing there.

    Also, random Melda thing.....do you need any coffee? Anything different? Mike (God bless him) came with the super pot in his luggage. Bed, Bath and Beyond carries the coffee here, and I get coupons in the mail on a reg. basis......... SO....he has room in his case if you want something. (haven't checked the NEX for price comparing, but the 18 pack I bought was $7 something with the coupon)
    Let me know......happy to get you something different and SO EXCITED with my fresh cup of coffee each morning.

    Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! I think we pay $8.99 here...... anyway, so far so good- they haven't been out of my favorite coffee :) Glad you are enjoying the coffee maker! And yes, I now am carrying benadryl in my purse...

    ReplyDelete