subtitle

Endurance....

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Frogs.

Not sure if I have mentioned these guys before.....I think I have.
They drive me nuts. On any given night there are up to 20 of these things on our lawn. They are not your cute little frogs.......they are size of my hand, not afraid to jump toward you, completely outnumber you- FROGS.
Recently they were putting in sidewalks all the way around our yard so they put up temporary orange plastic fencing. You could see all these frogs at night lined up the perimeter of the fence contemplating it. I am sure they were thinking "Great, how do we hop this one?" This created a playpen effect which seemed to somehow increase our frog-to-lawn ratio. Well I think they just got a little too comfy here, cause now they have taken down the fencing and we still seem to have excess frogs! The worse part of it is they KNOW that they have increased in number. They are all cheeky now, attitude-y........all like "ya, I'm in your yard, what are you gonna do about it?"
Two nights ago I was getting out of the car and one charged me! Of course I handled it well, screamed out loud "Stink'n Frogs!" It was only when I went to the other side of the car that I noticed the people at the end of my driveway who had been walking their dog, but stopped for the frog show. I pulled off a dignified "Good evening" as they walked away.
Tonight I had to hit the breaks hard when one crossed the driveway as I pulled up. My bad of course, I didn't notice the cross-hop.
I can't even import more snakes to get rid of them as they are poisonous frogs that the snakes won't even touch.....not that I can ever imagine a scenario where bringing snakes in on purpose is a good idea.
Maybe once Melda moves here I can create a "relocation" program....a Tupperware bin and a couple of midnight runs ought to do the trick......she has three boys- boys like frogs right?

No comments:

Post a Comment