subtitle

Endurance....

Friday, March 12, 2010

Feet.

First you will notice in the picture of Maddie's feet that her toe is healed up nicely. I know it looks red but that is all the new tissue coming in- I swear that looks 100% better!
Then you will notice a blue blur on the top of her other foot. That's my cellphone number - I blurred it out because there is just something about posting your contact information online that isn't right...... Why is there a phone number on Maddie's foot, one might ask. Well just so you know the extent of worry I go through- I wrote my number on Madison's foot this morning before she left for the field trip. She didn't have any pockets, she wasn't bringing a bag- so what choice did I have? It was just a safety net in case she was separated from the class- safety, not paranoia. And don't worry, she was wearing socks and crocs so none of her classmates know what a lunatic she has for a mom!
Beyond all that the field trip went really well- she had a great time, and didn't have to take off her shoe to call her mom even once!

Now Ellie's feet:
Really, nothing much about them except she wanted a picture taken of her feet too. She is sporting new flip flops that have a brillo pad feel to the bottom of them- personally can't see how they would be comfy......

Swim meet in the morning. This time I have to go alone. Kevin will be staying home to be with the workers who are replacing our windows. Apparently we are in the blast zone of Kilo Wharf so the safety standards say we need a higher grade window to withstand the blast should it occur- not enough miles/feet away from the dock that sometimes has explosives parked there. ? ...... ? Really. The windows are the issue when you are worrying about a blast zone? I gotta say, I am a layman but you put the words blast and zone in the same sentence when referring to the house we are living in- I get uncomfortable.
Just sayin'.

Long weekend ahead of us, jam packed full of busy-ness......which I am sure will make for extensive blogging :)

1 comment:

  1. No need to feel over-protective. I do the same thing (cell phone with a sharpie) every time we go to Disney or SeaWorld or anywhere with a population over 1000 people.

    ReplyDelete