subtitle

Endurance....

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Fastest Blog Ever!

Gotta talk fast...... the movie is going in ( I think we are watching The Ugly Truth- Julie you said that was a good one right? I mean its no New Moon but......) the pizza and poppers are in the oven and the timer is set to 11 min, so here is my lightening round blog......

Today was all about swimming. As I mentioned yesterday the girls had two practices today- both 2 hours long. They both hung in there really well. The only negative was my fault...... the morning practice at Leo Palace was from 10 am till noon- peak sun time. Apparently my sunscreen skills aren't up to par. Both girls came out with burn lines that follow their swim suits. Rookie mistake- I didn't take the time to get under their strap lines......and there goes mother of the year yet again. I feel really bad. Ellie's tush has two angry red lines up either side......to make me feel even worse, when I was telling her how sorry I was she says "its ok Mom, its not TOO painful". Feeling really bad..........

Tomorrow is my last of four Sundays teaching Sunday School. I will be happy to get back to church. Its been really nice to help out, and the kids were fun but I have been missing being in church- the sitting, the listening....... man that makes me sound lazy!
I am looking forward to the following Sunday- Easter (BTW thanks to Grandma and Grandpa Gillam for the Easter cards- the girls LOVED them!).
Easter is my favorite service of the year. There is always a sunrise service that day and it feels like the beginning of a new year for me.
Last Easter I was up in Canada- freezing at dawn (did I mention these services are always outside....) and the year before that we were freezing in Virginia and the 2 years before that Maryland- so Maddie says to me today "Do we have to go to sunrise service...... oh wait, it won't be cold this year- ok we can go". Guess thats one benefit of Easter on a tropical island. I have Kevin on the mission of looking for a place to eat out for Easter brunch...... looking forward to not cooking- there I go, lazy again!

Ok, the timer is going off and I smell pizza.......happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment