subtitle

Endurance....

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Well, Technically 15 Hours Forward Now...

We don't observe daylight savings time in Guam, because we're too near the equator. We average around 12 hours of day and night all year long. But, North America observing DST means we (I) have to recalculate when live sporting events will be shown "Guam time". Usually that means early early in the morning.

Speaking of early mornings, our friend Stuart invited me to a 5K run today down at Tumon Bay (about 35 minutes from where we live). I said OK, so long as I'd be back home by 09:00 am to watch Texas A&M play football. They weren't televised (on Guam), but I was able to watch them online which works out alright. It's no hi-def on a 50" screen, but what can you do?

Anyways, turns out I had to leave the house at 04:30 am to get to Tumon in time for the race. Wow, if I'd have known it was that early, I may have skipped it. But, I made it, ran the run, got my t-shirt and made it home and showered by 08:00 am. Sam took the girls to church, and I got to make a fool of myself shouting at the computer screen for 3 hours. But, they won, so it's all good! Congrats to the team because they beat #8 Oklahoma, whom the Aggies hadn't beaten since 2002. Whoooop!

This evening, Sam and I went on a local date night (that means we stayed on base) that consisted of dinner at Molly McGee's (we split potato skins, a salad, and a burger) then a 07:00 pm movie "The Expendables". Wow, talk about over the top, gratuitous violence. Sam picked it, by the way. I slept through a lot of it, but I don't think I missed any key story-line plot twists or anything.

That's all for now. Thanks for reading!
-Kevin

1 comment: