subtitle

Endurance....

Monday, November 1, 2010

Flu shot day.

Though not really flu "shot". It was the nasal mist. They set up an after school clinic in the cafeteria.
Definitely not the school shot day from when I was a kid. I can distinctly remember lining up with all the other students and it was a SHOT- in the arm, oh no, wow that hurt, try not to cry-SHOT.
I usually don't do immunizations that aren't mandatory. We never did a flu anything until we moved here. But I gotta say- I fear Guam "bugs" far more than the chemicals introduced into my girls. This island has a lot of sickness on it- you combine the tourist factor with the island/containment factor and you have a trapped cesspool of microorganisms waiting to find a host.... thus the flu immunization the last two years.

Point in case:
... this is the lid to one of our pumpkins that we carved literally 48 hours ago.
Oh ya, microorganisms LOVE Guam.

Off tomorrow- again I say God bless All Souls Day- too bad I have to start a fun day off with a dental appointment :(

1 comment: