subtitle

Endurance....

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Christmas is creeping in.....

I had a nap today (trying to not have a sore throat) and woke up to this:
The girls took it upon themselves to get out their Christmas trees and their nativity. Really its Melda's fault as she had them decorating her house for Christmas last Friday, which got them a thinkin'.
Love that they set it up in and around all the Thanksgiving stuff. Jesus and Julie's turkey are sharing the buffet till next weekend when we make the complete Christmas change over.
Maddy has the multicolored tree.
Ellie opted for the white lights- or more likely she inherited it when Maddy moved on to colored lights..... ah the downfall of being the youngest!
Both girls are really excited about adding the ornaments next weekend- but for now I kinda like having Christmas creep in.
And really- only on Guam can you have a baby gecko in your nativity scene... just sayin'.

The girls had a meet today- no best times.... but one positive was that Maddy was sincerely sad that she had added time. Like to see her openly caring about it, usually she would be very "whatever" about it.
They got their new Guam Swimming Federation I.Ds today- Ellie is excited but Maddy is not loving her photo...... Maddy is however loving the idea of eating a pomegranate! She has never had one before, so in Bubby Esther tradition- I bought one for each girl. I'll let you know how they go over.
Christmas is definitely in the air...... too bad I have to spend this week cooking for Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. Picture of the Gillam girls coming soon to the OOG (only on Guam) blog......and throw me under the bus, it's all good. I'm the hero and I like it! :)
    Can't wait for your dressing......tonight at church was just a preview of the really good stuff to come on Thursday.
    Just skipping past M-W in my head to Thursday.........YUM!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete