subtitle

Endurance....

Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Last of...

...Christmas decorating.
The village is done. The kids were great help (-ish).
Gotta say, I didn't do the village last year. I was too sad, and truth be told- putting together a snowy village scene on a tropical island is not that appealing. Its kinda like having soup in the summer. Anyway, I wasn't going to do it this year either. Thanks to the girls and Kevin urging me (ok what Kev actually said was "you mean we carted those two bins all the way to Guam and you aren't even going to set the thing up?") I set the village up begrudgingly ....... It was so fun. I totally forgot how happy putting it all together makes me. My village is so Christmasy! All the lights, the bustling people, the skaters moving around, the Christmas music, the nativity scene outside the church (don't mind the minotaur on the store- he shows up in my village often-usually on the church, but Kevin moved him to the store..... really....) So just sayin'- love my village :) Sorry now I didn't put it up last year.

Also, the last of the Thanksgiving leftovers- thank goodness!
There really is only so much of it that you can eat, not to mention we'll be having it all again in 27 days!

1 comment:

  1. your house looks great.....to include the village (*not sure about the minotaur?!) :P

    Does Zion think he is a rock star or what?
    GOOF-BALL

    and really......I made turkey pot pie on Sat. night with the last bits of turkey here. Maybe you need more boys to help with your left-overs. I send mine over after our Christmas food is gone.

    ReplyDelete