subtitle

Endurance....

Sunday, August 22, 2010

The weekend is gone....

....but we had some fun! Of course Kevin and the girls are off for this whole next week, ready to have a lot MORE fun while I am working- I think I am bitter.....
Went to see The Last Airbender (not a bad movie!) with the Thorntons after church today. The rain was coming down pretty hard. Went to get gas after the movie and apparently so did everyone else on base- big lineup! We watched the guy in line before us get SOAKED while pumping his gas. Poor Kevin had to get out to put gas in the car with the rain literally coming at him sideways- cause ya know it wasn't me getting out to do it!
He hunkered down behind the pump and managed to stay pretty dry.
And looking over saw the Throntons in line for gas too! ....notice its not Melda pumping the gas in the rain either.....

Wanted to put out a big happy birthday to one of my favorite people on this earth- my Grandma!
I love you Grandma and I am so grateful for you everyday. Your love for me over the years has really been something that I count on- your humor and joy are a blessing to everyone in your family, and especially to me. I wish I were there to hug you and wish you a "Happy Birthday" in person.
..... I know I have used this picture on the blog before, but really- still love it!
Happy Birthday Grandma!

1 comment:

  1. I will pass your greetings along.
    I baked Gram her favorite chocolate swirl cake with creme cheese icing and for Gramps a lemon merange pie {one for joe of course also}My day off today !

    ReplyDelete