subtitle

Endurance....

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Spanish steps revisited- in pictures.....lots of pictures!

Hiked to Spanish Steps with the Thorntons on Saturday..... can I just say I need to get back in the gym cause my legs are hurtin' today! Just so I don't look too bad, remember- its a straight up the cliff kinda hike. Ok, you are right, still need to get back to the gym......

A lot of these photos are courtesy of our Maddie!

Like this cute one of Zion!
And Mr Thornton with a crab.
Of course there is me......
......and Mrs Thornton.
Now this Zion and Ellie one, I'm pretty sure I took.

Later on Saturday we went to the school to check out new teacher names for the girls. Yep, thats right- first day of school tomorrow!
Here is Ellie looking for her name......
.....and here is the happy dance that followed because she got the first floor classroom that she wanted.
The sad news...... not in Zion's class. But she was happy to see that a lot of her friends from last year are in his class so they will be there to help Zion in a new school. She doesn't really know anyone in her own classroom- but she is always fine in new situations, plus she has lunch and recess with Zion and her friends. Something I thought was pretty neat- her teacher called today to talk to Ellie, and to see if she had any questions about her new school year. Really, how nice is that? Ellie is overall really excited about her first day!

..... then we have Maddie......
Its been a rough last five days, with a lot of crying. Today we got past the all out bawling and moved into silent tears rolling down her cheeks. Reading as usual is her escape- downloaded "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" onto Kevin's itouch for her tonight...... someone let me know if it is age appropriate would you? Kevin said it was fine, but really..... he and I have different levels of "fine" where Maddie's reading content is concerned. Anyway, that distracted her enough to stop the tears. Feeling so bad for my girl......

I am sure to have first day of school photos for tomorrow nights blog- and hopefully happy reports from the girls on their first day.

1 comment:

  1. Maddie and Ellie, I am so hoping your first day was great! I still remember the nerves I used to have, but I also recall that I cried on the last day of the year because I didn't want it to be over. I hope your year goes that way, too! Take care of Zion and learn a lot!!! Love...

    ReplyDelete