subtitle

Endurance....

Monday, August 9, 2010

Guam and home stuff.

Well it couldn't have gone better today for my classroom set-up.
At the morning meeting I did get a little nervous as to what shape my classroom was going to be in- there was talk of mass classrooms with the a.c. being out...... and relocation of furniture to wrong classrooms. But I was more than pleasantly surprised when I got into my classroom...... the floors had been waxed and the walls painted! It is a horrible yellow- but looks like heaven to me since when I last saw it there were more chipped off areas then painted. And the icing on that cake- I actually have working a.c......life is good.
Then, more good luck- when I went to the college to get my keys and i.d- they actually had them! It took 20 min of looking, but they were eventually found- really can't ask for more than that.
Should be a good first day tomorrow......the only kibosh may be that the Dept. of Education owes Guam Power Authority thousands of dollars- and the power authority said they will shut down power to all the schools if they weren't paid by today. I guess I can always just teach in the dark.....

Wanted to add some pictures from home......
Some of you may remember the puppy pictures I posted back in December:

And here he is now:
Love this dog! This is Micki's dog Sheldon- not full grown! And actually this is him at the beginning of summer- he was already bigger by the time we left. Such a cutie, and a real sweet boy!

A huge whoooooot to Lysser! Did amazingly well in the 3K Welland Canal Swim.
First over all- that includes all age groups! Seriously so proud of her!

No comments:

Post a Comment