subtitle

Endurance....

Saturday, August 7, 2010

The first and last Saturday....

Our first Saturday back here on Guam is also my last Saturday before I start work. You might ask if I am ready for work....... the answer will have to be- um no, I don't think so.
Its all good though because I am still so miserable about being on Guam that it doesn't seem to be bothering me that I will have students on Tuesday expecting to be taught- guess that is one benefit of still not adjusting to being back :)
Spent a really nice day out at the Thornton's beach house. Their youngest boy Zion turned 9 today! So hard to believe since I can still remember him on a tricycle outside my front door in Panama City.
The girls and the Thornton boys are getting along famously! So nice having friendly faces to come back to- love having Melda here for me!

Believe it or not- I let the girls play hooky on swimming tonight....... I know right?
Both girls were up before 5am this morning so were crashing hard by the afternoon. I think the jet-lag is catching up with them. So they took the night off, we saw a play on base and then lights out before 8.
Hoping for at least a 6am sleep in........ I'll let you know......

1 comment:

  1. Hate the photo of me - but loved the great day that we had. Mike likes Kevin. You have NO IDEA what a blessing that is to me.
    Seriously, there aren't many people he enjoys being around.

    OH...... and love the photos of the kids. (yours are better than mine!)

    Need to dig (when my stuff arrives) and see if I have "file photos" of Ellie and Zy as littles..........gosh, that'd be cute!

    I think I better go to bed!

    ReplyDelete