subtitle

Endurance....

Friday, August 6, 2010

Lots still the same- minus one boonie dog.


So many things are still quite the same here.

The girls and I went to our usual "salon" today which is where I get my hair done and they take the chance to get their toenails done. Its a really nice hair place, kinda a break from Guam because it seems so normal in there. My only complaint is that the girl who does my hair seems to like to keep it short...... I was just getting to grow it out and now I am back to square one........she is a little scissor happy.......
Went to the exchange today for some mild shopping- still the same in there. Got all the girls school supplies.....pretty well stocked this year. The only missing item- white erasers..... we'll have to venture out in town for those. A little difficult since the office supply store was burnt down......
Traffic- still the same.
Its quite the hike to get the girls to swim practice everyday.....especially Fridays! If we don't leave a solid 40 min to get there then they are so totally late.

One glaring difference since we have been gone- my missing boonie dog. I think I need to come to terms with the fact that dog-two is gone.
Really, boonie dogs don't make it on the best of days on this island. You see a lot wandering about with mange, dead on the side of the road or foraging in garbages.
Thats why my two boonie dogs have always made me so happy. Both hanging out in the exact same spot- day after day, really seeming to enjoy each others company.
Now there is just one boonie......don't want to imagine what happened to dog-two. Gotta say, I'll miss him.....

1 comment:

  1. I spent my morning reading your posts from day one, and I am so distressed about your missing boonie dog. That is similar to when one of our night friend raccoons is missing...you get so attached to where "the wild things" are that you sometimes forget they are just that, wild things. Please keep us posted, and maybe "she" just has a new family. I don't know if that would really be a better outcome, but I know your girls would think so. More later to you personally, but you'll never know how happy and proud I am for Kevin that he has you. He, Maddie and Ellie are are truly blessed. Love you guys, S
    Susan and Larry






    '

    ReplyDelete