subtitle

Endurance....

Monday, September 14, 2009

When it rains...


Rough start to the week with Madison....actually pretty moody over the weekend...yes I believe we are into rebound time. It comes right after the honeymoon phase of when we first move. This weekend we had the fit about the new pool, the fit about Ellie reading Percy Jackson and the Olympians (apparently Maddie's all time favorite book....) and of course school this morning....all out hissy fit. I am hoping this phase will be short lived otherwise she may not make it to see her 10th birthday.

I am guessing school was not as bad as she remembered it from last week because when I picked her up at 2:45 life was good again. Happy as a clam, giggly and fun loving.

I am not sure if I ever wrote about the freakish rains we get here? The sun will be out, and the next thing you know you are soaked from driving rain. I walked down the street this morning, and on my way back hit one of these freak storms. I was beyond soaked by the time I was home. Same kind of rain hit when I was getting the girls from school. Ellie and I had our umbrellas and ran for shelter...Madison stood out in the rain, with arms out and a "bring it on" expression on her face.
Even Aggie wouldn't leave the garage. Ellie borrowed my red umbrella to go back out after she had changed to dry clothes (you seriously get soaked even using an umbrella) Ellie uses her "bear umbrella" daily (thanks to Grandma and Grandpa Gillam for that one!)
If it takes a rain storm to clear up Maddie's mood, then we are in luck- the daily down pours here should take care of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment