subtitle

Endurance....

Saturday, September 5, 2009

The Good the Tolerable and the Heinous.


Spent the day today literally touring the stores on the island. We hit every store/plaza possible just so we can know what is out there- conclusion: not much. Its all good, we really were just trying to determine what we can get here and what we are going to need to order on-line. You know you are in trouble when KMart is the hot seller (seriously- huge parking lot full of cars- and there is extra parking on the roof...and its a scary KMart to boot).

And showcasing as reason number two why Sam does not go out early morning or after dark:












Thats right- this lovely creature was in our tree tonight when Kevin went to let Aggie out. Not a jungle tree, not a tree on the edge of the yard...the tree so close to our house that I could literally spit on it from my couch- assuming the window was open.
I am not amused.



*Snake photos courtesy of Kevin Gillam- not a chance Sam was going out there.

5 comments:

  1. Do y'all know what kind of snake it was? Or would that have required a closer look (I'm assuming Kevin used a telephoto lense to take these photos).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brown Tree Snake, a bit of a problem here on Guam http://www.state.hi.us/dlnr/Snake.html ..and he used my little camera, though it has a fair amount of zoom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember how I said all I need is beach, a sleeping bag and a palm tree. Cancel that reservation!
    I suppose Maddie wanted to add it to her pet collection
    We are getting so much enjoyment from your exploits,,keep up the good work.
    As for shopping Sam..Why dont you open an Island boutique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a big snake!! I never saw one in the wild in the 3 years I was on Guam.
    Is it -on Guam or in Guam?
    Maybe both correct?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know right! We only saw one small one last time we were here. To think he has moved into our tree freaks me out- they are aggressive little guys. And ya, I say both but most locals say "on Guam" I think?

    ReplyDelete