subtitle

Endurance....

Thursday, September 24, 2009

New Job

So as you all know I am the newest instructor at Southern High which is apparently " Home of the Dolphin".
They get to claim one of the best views for a high school on Guam...
There is some mildew on the building, but that is par for the course on Guam- hot moist weather does that.
I would put in a vote for the coolest center court- love the little hut in the middle.
This is outside my room.
Some things don't work in the classroom....yes this guy is a bit creepy (the students and I decided he looks like one of the Jonas Brothers-they love stealing his wig and wearing it, today they set him up like a student in a desk with a pencil and glasses and such) but without him that door behind him flies open- he makes an awesome doorstop. I have a laundry bin at the other end of the room door-stopping another closet.

School so far is great. The kids are so fun to be with and everyday is a huge adventure. Weird thing about tomorrow- I have parent teacher interviews. Ya, after seeing my students for 3 days, knowing none of their names (I am SO horrible at remembering their names-I feel awful about that) and the last teacher left me with ZERO grades to go on. Oh and to top it off, totally put my back out today (reminiscent of Greg this past summer!). All I did was lean over and it snapped...of course I think it stems from carrying around computers yesterday in an attempt to clean-up my room.

Yes a lot of ups and downs but overall positive. My girls are loving me working...even though they are the last to be picked up from their school everyday. Always asking me what I did in class...Maddie wants to write a lesson plan for me before this is all over.

A good start...but I will be so glad for Friday.

2 comments:

  1. Harley needs a bath but he doesn't mind me dropping you a note first,,,in fact he insists,So glad its been positive so far ...will only get better as you get more comfortable..
    Questions as usual..same class always or different ones,hours of teaching and are you provided lesson plans..what happened to the last teacher?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, really what happeneed to the last teacher? THat is pertinent info for any incoming teacher. I cannot believe you can hold down a fulltime job, be a great mom and wife, and still have time to blog. Resuscitation Annie sure isn't anyone I would put my mouth on. Sue

    ReplyDelete