subtitle

Endurance....

Friday, September 4, 2009

Been wanting to blog this...


I have been waiting for a slow day to blog this. Its the War Dog Cemetery. We pass it everyday, its over to the right of the house. Puts a lump in my throat each time I pass it. Its nice that someone took the time to make this really great monument to the dogs that saved their lives. I can remember coming here to see this the first time I was on Guam and being equally impressed.
In the background you can see the little white headstones of each dog. They are all placed in a semi-circle around the memorial.
We decided that when it is Aggie's time to go, we will sneak out at night and give her a final resting place with all the other heroes. I am sure no one will notice a mound of dirt among the grass...

2 comments:

  1. I remember you mentioning this when I sent a group of photos to you one time...IF I ever come to Guam I want to see it.

    ReplyDelete