subtitle

Endurance....

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Loving school and here's why:


Maddie: "I have a really really awesome middle school science teacher, who we get to spend 1 hour and
15 min with- hands on science! That means we will do experiments and stuff and he's really smart. He was talking about how things expand when heated- I asked if humans would expand- and he called me the class scientist! And I love GE (gifted education), the teacher is really nice and the stuff she is going to do is cool- like a CSI lost skull kit! There is a girl Lilli that goes to GE with me. Its really awesome. There is also a boy- Hunter, I really really like him."

Ellie: "Can I talk about my art class? Well, at the end of the art class we got in a line to go back to the classroom, we had a little time to talk so everyone was looking at the pictures and I raised my hand and said - art is my favorite subject so you are probably going to be my favorite teacher. She said I was probably going to be her favorite student! I drew a dancing sheep in Spanish class because we were allowed to decorate our HOLA hands. The boy who turned his smiley face, still hasn't had it turned back yet- I am not sure what he needs to do to make that happen. I think thats all....yeah thats it.....thats totally it."

The only mishap today was after school. The girls and I somehow missed each other out the walkers door- still haven't figured that one out-so I waited....and waited. I went in the school to look, went up to the 2nd floor- still no Maddie and Ellie. After 20 min of no kids showing up- got a little panicky. Really never assumed they would walk home, but went there to check the house. I found them there! Maddie had walked Ellie home, let them into the house using the code on the garage, had Ellie do her homework and called the gym. Yes, Maddie looked up the number and called the gym- assuming I was there and I had lost track of time. I learned two things from all this- Maddie is a very responsible girl, and I spend way too much time at the gym.
Spent the evening my favorite way- Pizza Hut and us girls on the couch watching Disney- could do without the Disney but never without the girls! (BTW-Kevin is working late tonight so missed out on it all!)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like the girls are adjusting just great to life on Guam. I love the blog! Wish I had done something like that when we were in Hawaii. Thanks for keeping me updated. chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Sammy !

    Sorry I missed it, can you go back in time ?

    dd

    ReplyDelete