subtitle

Endurance....

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Not a huge hit.

We decided to try fresh coconut. We figured since there are palm trees everywhere around us that we should probably try their byproduct. The picture above- Ellie's face- is mostly how we all felt about the coconut water- a little yucky.

Drilled it first, tried the "milk" (as Maddie will point out to you it is technically coconut "water") using a straw in the hole. Kevin decided to keep with the tool theme and just hammer the coconut to get it opened.


The hammer worked great. We all tried pieces of the coconut which went over better than the water. None of us were in love with it...which is fine by me since its not an easy process opening the coconut- there are far easier things to eat.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Sam! I love your blog! I was so excited when I got it from Kevin. Only thing is it really made me miss "Sam humor". We really miss you here in King George, but glad you all are doing well!

    Finally got your towels, now I just have to get to the post office to mail them. Which could be another 4 month : )

    I don't think Guam has changed since we moved from there - LOL - OOG and booney - makes me laugh.

    Take Care
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog about the coconut made Ann and me think about our stay in Puerto Rico, oh so many years ago. We used to give Michele a green husked coconut and a hammer and let her go to it. She was about 5 at the time but tenacious...eventually (usually hours later) she'd be eating the coconut meat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! That looks loke fun! I think it's especially brave of all of you, especially after that picture of the snake on the tree...

    ReplyDelete