subtitle

Endurance....

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Sad Day at Southern High

Remember the cute hut in the center court at Southern High? Someone set it on fire today...it was a nice hut! I am not sure if it was related to the big fight that had happened earlier in the day...My students say that there is a lot less violence at the school in the past two years. Apparently they used to have a lot of rioting so they needed ongoing police protection for a while. I also heard mention of a fire set last year at the school....

I will miss that little hut.

2 comments:

  1. To be honest, that doesn't sound like a very nice school.

    How many students do you have in each class and have you started forming opinions about them yet? If someone is disruptive can you toss 'em out of the classroom?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have 20-give or take in each class....they are REALLY great kids. When we were evacuating for the fire, one girl said to me that its stupid that someone would do this- she was sick of Southern being in the paper for doing dumb things, having a bad reputation. So a lot of the kids really care.

    ReplyDelete