subtitle

Endurance....

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Busy day means lots of pictures.


Maddie and Ellie had their first Guam swim meet today. They are still in long course season here. Both girls were only in one event-50 free (I think it has something to do with being new- kinda a trial thing- not speaking Japanese very well, I didn't ask the coach but I did notice all the new kids were only in one event).
Ellie did well...added a little time but we will put that down to first-meet jitters...
Madison took 3 seconds off and made a B time. Really proud of her.



Later in the day was the Tsunami's year opener party. It was held at the Outrigger Hotel in Tumon. Really nicely done. The girls had a great time playing in the sand with their friends. There was food and LOTS of raffel/give-aways. We won some ice cream gift cards and movie passes. Not a bad haul for just sitting there reading numbers off of tickets....
This is Leilani, Maddie talks about her all the time and loves it when she is at practice. We sat with her mom at the dinner, she is Japanese but speaks English quite well- which brings me to an FYI for anyone who has been reading my blogs ongoing...the symbols on the back of the girls Tsunami shirts simply mean "Tsunami Swim Club"...kinda anti-climatic I know!
This is Samantha with Ellie. They are two peas in a pod at swim practices. Chatting away between lengths.

Really good time. Gotta say I am still totally impressed with the team as a whole and with the coaching. Oh, and I volunteered to be a "board member" which, if I understood it correctly means I just get to be nosey about team business and then vote on it- I'll let you know.

1 comment:

  1. Hi to all What wonderful pictures Sam...I have so many to show Gram when she comes over later. They are samesame ,,,only problem is we are losing our wonderful Barb the middle of Oct. Combination of her Mother ill /knee surgery and the drive in winter.
    The pool and the Island and the sunsets,,such paradise you have..right now our fireplace burning brightly,,mornings are down to single digits already.Its going to be a very long nasty winter to dont expect many cheery emails...just keep posting those sunsets..the beautiful girls and a few palm trees,,,that will do it for me...oh and you and Kev occaisionally if you don't mind.The girls seem so very happy and so glad they like the school.
    Our love to all
    Ma

    ReplyDelete