subtitle

Endurance....

Sunday, January 31, 2010

And yet...

Today I am still out of time! It is Sunday evening- and I don't have my lessons for the week done. I see a late night coming my way..... but I won't-not-blog, sorry for the delay.
Busy weekend. The girls had a swim meet Saturday where Maddie's hard work in her new swim lane paid off, and she achieved another "B" time in her backstroke. Ellie took off time in her free and back. Good meet overall.
Ellie had a penguin project to complete this weekend. Her first big girl project and she did very well. Did the research, wrote the paper and had decided since she was studying the Macaroni penguin, that she would make her picture out of macaroni. Turned out really cute.
Ellie is really becoming quite the reader too. I think the reading disease has been passed on to her from Madison-
Found her like this the other night. Brushing her teeth and reading- who does that? Yes, you guessed it, Madison. Not complaining here, so glad she is a reader. She is even at the point now where she is borrowing Madison's books- she just walked through the living room to ask Maddie if she can borrow the second in some series she is reading. Surprisingly Madison said yes and was very nice about it. Maybe Maddie recognizes a kindred spirit.....

Had Mr Thornton over tonight for supper and games night.
So nice to have him here. He fits in nicely. Never complains about my cooking and is a peacemaker during the board game. Some people are not as kind to the girls and a little more competitive- but I won't mention the name Kevin and give him away.

Finally, my students baby/flour project ended Friday. The funniest thing was one girl who did a powerpoint of her baby. For her project she was married to some soccer star, so she cut and pasted her face and her "baby" into a bunch of different pictures with the guy and into different situations.....SO funny to see this flour sack with a t-shirt in varying scenes. Here is the one that it was being baptized:
I wish I would have taken more photos of the slides she did- really fun.

I am off to make my own power points now for the week- just have to decide if I want to tackle the integumentary system or the muscular. This is one of those lesser of two evils situations....

2 comments:

  1. Love the penguin project and all the photos really. So sorry you are super busy / stressed a bit and over-worked! (*funny about the flour sack babies, can't wait to hear that whole story in person)
    Give the girls my love......and don't worry too much about the blog, I am sure you are forgiven for skipping a couple days!
    (I haven't written a story on mine in a year)

    ReplyDelete