subtitle

Endurance....

Sunday, January 3, 2010

All good things....

None of us (except Ellie) want to be done our Christmas vacation- but here it is, the end.
Kevin and I are dragging, Maddie is curled up in the fetal position under the dining room table sobbing gently and Ellie is dancing a fling.....I swear nothing phases that girl.
The girls went with Kevin today to see the Fantastic Mr Fox- its a Roald Dahl book done in a movie- they really loved it. I went in search of birthday presents for Ellie, with really no luck. Actually went to the northern part of the island to give the mall a second chance. Oy. Seriously. Many things are hard to find here, but looking for books on this island is impossible. There is the one book store- and they carry what they carry. Beyond that Amazon.com becomes your best friend.
Our Christmas tree is still up, and I suppose it will be through next weekend. I was told today that you shouldn't take it down before Jan. 6th anyway because that is 3 Kings day- so see, I'm not lazy- I just have a healthy respect for 3 Kings Day.
Hope all of you finish up your holidays with a little more enthusiasm than we have going here.
I suddenly feel like 2010 is about to really kick in....

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to plug my Christmas lights back in! 2 more days!

    ReplyDelete