subtitle

Endurance....

Sunday, January 24, 2010

"I need a longer weekend."

This quote from Maddie sums up all our feelings.

Sunday was good. At church this morning our friend Mike Thornton spoke about his experiences in Haiti. He did some engineering work there, and his first son is also adopted from there so his wife and he have a real heart for it. FYI if anyone is interested in donating I can get some links for you through him. After church the girl's babysitter- Sara- was being baptized so we stayed for that. Sara was very excited. A really nice girl, and REALLY lucky that we found her for any babysitting needs. All this put us a little behind as the girls were scheduled to see Princess and the Frog with Kevin while I came home to do school work (ugh)- made it just on time to meet him at the theater.
I was home working on my five-thousandth slide for my five-hundredth million powerpoint- when I heard the door open and deep wracking sobs. Maddie comes in the the living room, sobbing so hard I couldn't understand what she was saying- throwing herself across me still sobbing. Now anyone else and I might have worried, but I know my Maddie and I know it takes her quite some time to get over movies that she found disturbing.......

(*Spoiler alert here*)
Apparently the firefly died.

Squished under a boot-died.
I am sure it was the injustice of it all, and the loss of life. Of course he did become a star- but that was no consolation. She got over it after a while, but I am sure I will hear about it at bedtime.
I mean seriously- who cries at cartoon movies?
Well, I guess that would be me- everything from Disney to as recent as Avatar, I am an easy mark..... good thing I had so many power points to do...

1 comment:

  1. It's in the genes..To this day cannot handle Lassie, Black Beauty or heaven forbid ..Cujo.
    The ending of Turner and Hootch not so good either.Glad to hear all else is busy and well.
    Same same here daily..We need you this summer to spice things up.
    Be well..stay happy Love to all

    ReplyDelete