subtitle

Endurance....

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Its all about me...

Just sent off two crying girls. Kevin is taking them swimming tonight so I can have an evening out. They really don't like any change-ups in their routine. The best statement I had was "you are way better at taking us to swimming than Dad".... what does that even mean?
Going with my friend Melda to dinner and a movie before she leaves island again. I am thinking Ruby Tuesdays. They have a great salad bar (and Julie's favorite mini-burgers :) and Melda has been eating A LOT of salad since she has been here. She is actually worse about meat than I am, so she has been avoiding any meat that she can't trace its origin. And really, all the meat here has a foreign look to it so I can't blame her. I must be partially over my meat issues as when we were at the Polynesian show, Melda looked like she was nauseated at the smell of it cooking, and I was eating like a crazy carnivore.
After dinner we are going to see New Moon from the Twilight Saga..... I read all 4 books over the holidays and got Melda into them too. Julie read them at the same time as me and we had some fun emailing back and forth about the drama of it all- I started reading it because Maddie wanted to read them, so I figured I would check them out to see how old she would have to be before I would say yes. Next thing I knew I was obsessively reading the first 3, and panicked when I couldn't find the 4th anywhere on the island! I ended up downloading it to my iphone and reading it that way. Desperate times....
Julie and I decided Maddie will have to be 20 before she can read them...... its too relationship-y for her!

I will let you know if the movie stands up to the book- I hope the girls recover from their obvious abandonment issues..... I can't believe I lost mother of the year again....

1 comment:

  1. OK Now that you trashed thru the modern style novels try reading Gone With the Wind for some true literary value....Its thick enough to keep even Maddie busy for a couple of days .If you liked that movie don't tell me...yuk. The first time the wolf flew I had to turn it off.Try the Bronte novels ,,,,no sex .violence or anything else of interest,,,just good reading of life in time gone by.

    ReplyDelete