subtitle

Endurance....

Monday, January 11, 2010

All about Julie.....

No, not my BFF Julie..... Julie the American Girl Doll!
Ellie is all about her right now. Got her for Christmas from Grandma and Grandpa Gillam- and the bike from them for her birthday (Ann, she opened it today- wish you could have seen her). Grandma Sue sent the Julie mystery book which Ellie read in a day and a half, right after she devoured the book that came with the doll.
Here is the part that kills me...... American Girl makes historical fiction dolls. Julie is from WAY back in history- the 1970's! So this historical doll, Julie, has a banana seat bike- like I had, she loves the Brady Bunch and the Partridge Family- like I did, has a record player and tape recorder (to tape Casey Kasem's top 20 of course)- like I did, and the clincher......roller skates. So its official, we '70 kids are now old..... and yes, apparently "historical".
I think a strongly worded letter is in order....

The important thing here is how much Ellie is loving the '70's. At least it all seems to be historically accurate :)

2 comments:

  1. I hear ya! I had that EXACT some bike....talk about a flashback when I saw the photo. Glad Ellie is enjoying Julie and her historical presents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty smile on the birthday girl!

    ReplyDelete