subtitle

Endurance....

Friday, January 1, 2010

New Years Day.

We did so little today that I almost feel guilty. Stayed home and enjoyed the after-Christmas-New Years-rush peaceful feeling that only comes from snacking on leftovers all day, kids playing with Christmas toys, and reading a good book (I am so almost caught up to you Julie!) The girls are loving their new toys- again, thanks to all.
Ann and Gene- Maddie finished all the books you sent within two days of Christmas AND has used some of her Christmas money to buy the next in the one series and is done that one also. She will be tackling Sherlock Holmes next, that should slow her down.
Ellie is enjoying her Julie doll and is reading the book that comes with her. Madison called her a "hippie" and it seems to have stuck- Kevin was trying to explain what a hippie was....started getting into the "free love" explanation and I cut him off....I mean really?

The plan is hitting a water park with the Thorntons tomorrow as a pre-birthday day for Ellie. Her actual birthday isn't until next Wednesday, but thankfully we are doing fun things this year instead of a kid-party. I won't miss it, I promise.

1 comment: