subtitle

Endurance....

Friday, December 31, 2010

New Years Eve Day......

What to do, what to do.......
Starting out with a bike ride to Gab Gab to meet up with the Thornton boys...
Back home to work on a Guam Monopoly project and wash the dog (I know she looks it but no, Aggie isn't dead)......
Then making some traditional Dutch Olie Bolen from Grandma Reddick's recipe.... a New Year tradition so we can have a sweet new year :) I shared some with some parents at swim team- they found the name amusing.
Ellie was worried about the part of the paper that is ripped and missing, in case we would mess up the recipe with the information that was lacking-
They turned out just fine. Though I will say Grandma's look better than mine do. I wish I could send some to Fort Erie to Grandma for the real taste test. I will admit it was like a little piece of home making these today- love you Grandma!

Its funny that I am missing home more with the New Year coming in than I did at Christmas. Part of it I think is the anxiety of the unknown- what will this next year bring?
I am taking a personal challenge this year to have more "applicable" faith....
I have tons of faith, but I want to actively live the faith that believes I am where I am suppose to be in my life, that my girls will continue to amaze me, that my family back home will keep healthy and well, that where we move next is where we need to be.
I fully know that God has a plan for me that is better than anything I can make happen- but this year I want to act on that faith :) which will hopefully have me worrying a whole lot less!

I hope the New Year brings in huge blessings, happiness and health for you all. And I hope that there will be less miles between us by the time 2012 rolls around!
To quote my sister Jodie "I think that 2011 is going to be amazing!"
Happy New Year!
I love you guys, sam

2 comments:

  1. And a huge Happy New Year to all,,,No olie bolen here and we all will be snug in our beds.
    There will be many years ahead when you will fondly look back on being able to bike to a beach for New Years,,considered a blessing in itself by many.
    Hope 2011 brings all good things and brings you closer for many hugs and kisses.
    Love to all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year my friend!
    Don't know what I will do with myself once you leave me here........but know that we will see each other again!

    ReplyDelete