subtitle

Endurance....

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Dec. 18..... in pictures

Busy day....
Started with a long course meet this morning.
Where both girls tried their best- I only know of one best time so far but the results aren't out yet so we'll see.
Above is Maddy in the 50 free and below is...
Ellie in the 50 breast.
Coach Lewis was happy with her time- which as you can see makes Ellie happy!

Later we went to GAIN (Guam Animals in Need) to meet Ellie's teacher to give out the dog cookies they had made in class.
Ellie really has a heart for things such as this. Maddy and I went along kinda nervous as to if we could handle seeing all the dogs wanting homes. I haven't been to GAIN since we chose Alex 13 years ago- so I really wasn't sure how sad I would be. But we did it for Ellie and her wanting to help.
Turned out to be good experience for Maddy and myself. It was nice to give the animals a few minutes of attention, but sad (not overwhelmingly so) to walk away when they all looked so hopeful. And there were A LOT of dogs in need.

Regular swim practice tonight..... the girls were excited that Onward had added blue lights to their lazy river- so of course a photo was necessary....
... and I wanted a photo of them with their new GSF swimming ID - cute.

An interesting turn of events today- Maddy and Ellie have decided that their not getting along causes most of their punishments, so they are going to start being best friends. The other inspiration to getting along- I informed them that as long as they quarrel they will be sharing a room wherever we move to.
It was sweet to hear in a regular conversation between them "I just love you Ellie" and then "I love you too Maddy"..... wonder how long this will last.....

Complete sidebar -
swimming Samantha's mom brought me this oolong tea to try- I like it!
Wish I knew what it said.... I usually like to know what I am consuming....

Happy Saturday before Christmas!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. And where is that wherever you are moving to? Go swim girls! Sue

    ReplyDelete