subtitle

Endurance....

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Dec. 8

First I want to say a huge "I am so proud of my sister".
Jodi will be spending the month of January at a mission in Haiti offering medical assistance. I couldn't be more proud. I love that Jodi spends her vacation time and personal money to make the world a better place. The organization that she is going with is linked over on the right side of my blog under "Favorites"- click on it and check it out!
We are all ok that her mission trip delays her visit to us here on Guam...... Ellie came out of her room the other night and said "Mom, its ok that Auntie Jodi won't be here for my birthday now, because her helping the people in Haiti is the biggest birthday present I could ask for". Maddy is just hoping she will bring us back a little Haitian baby :)

The girls had Leo Palace practice tonight.
Great for them to be back in the long course pool. I love it because the practice runs earlier which makes traffic a breeze and gets them home to bed earlier!

I had today off- love the Catholic holidays here for the public schools! Lady of Camarin Day...... funny part of this holiday- it has something to do with a statue of a saint washing up on the beach, they even tried to get rid of the holiday a few years back but a big typhoon came on the day of it- so they took that as a sign and reinstated the holiday. Either way- I was off! And yay me for that.... spent some of the day scrappin with Melda, but really just not long enough!
Six teaching days till Christmas break......

1 comment:

  1. Hey......can't wait to meet Jodi!
    And if she's bringing you a baby from Haiti, have her bring me one too. The first one I have outgrew me already! :)

    ReplyDelete