subtitle

Endurance....

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Dec. 4 (oh ya, and the 3rd that I skipped...)

- sorry for the lack of blogging last night.... somebody (I won't mention any names-Kevin) was on my computer super late to the point that I fell asleep waiting!

Today was swim meet day.
Short course meet. The girls enjoyed their events, I wasn't there but Maddy feels she took time off the 100 IM- I'll let you know. But yay for both of them. So glad the swimming is going so well. They are seriously fit at this point- love it.

Did some serious running around today- so I included a map of the villages so you could follow along :) So starting at Sumay (home) Kevin took the girls to a swim meet for 8am in Agana(aka Hagatna), while I headed out to Apra Heights(aka Santa Rita) to my school for a clean up. Kevin then went on to Pigo(aka Tamuning) to sign up for a fun run before coming back to Sumay. Later in the afternoon I took Ellie to a birthday party at a friends house in Ipan. Kevin took Maddy to swimming back in the Pigo(again Tamuning) area while I went back to Ipan to get Ellie then traveled up past Yigo to get to Pigo(of course- Tamuning). The Tamuning route isn't so bad- but the Ipan to Yigo areas.... serious oy! Jungle and pot holes are out there to keep you company.
The funny thing- we have become so Guam-ish that this driving seems SO over the top. Back home it would be nothing, but here everyone has a thing about going too far on the island. Some southerners here haven't been north on this island in years. Tons of people haven't ever left the island..... I guess I'll stop complaining about driving around here- at least I get to leave eventually :)

No comments:

Post a Comment