subtitle

Endurance....

Monday, November 23, 2009

Thanksgiving Week

This is one of those weeks where everything is shortened, flipped around and somewhat confused. The girls will be off a half day Wednesday, Thursday for Thanksgiving and off for a day of recovery on Friday. I only get the Thursday off and frankly am thankful for it. School for me is fine most days, but there are days when I have student issues that are just so emotionally draining that I am thankful for even one day away.
The good news is I did all grocery shopping necessary to cook a Thanksgiving meal. Turkey is thawing in the fridge as we speak right next to the ham. I was even able to find the fresh cranberries that I like to make. I will send you some Ann, and Gene I will package some pumpkin pie in there for you. Barb, don't know if the sweet potato casserole will make it all the way to Canada but I will try.....
Wednesday is Chamorro Day at Southern High. The huts are coming together nicely. Still not sure what it all encompasses, but I do know it means a half day of teaching. Happy Chamorro Day to me! My students were trying to convince me that there would be dog fighting and cock fighting for Chamorro Day (both very popular on Guam) but I am sure the school wouldn't allow it....I hope. Apparently they tie blades to the cock's feet to make them more effective fighters..... ugh, seriously....
Sincerely hope to have happy pictures to post of Chamorro Day- I promise no cock fighting photos......

No comments:

Post a Comment