subtitle

Endurance....

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Playing Catch-up

Taking some time now to catch everyone up on the week thus far. Not much of anything unusual to report.....the girls swam in a meet on Saturday and did well- best times all around. Kevin and I timed for it- gotta say we make a better couple then we do co-workers. I found myself snapping at him when things weren't getting done- I much prefer working with Micki :) sorry Kevin....oh and Micki- Kevin and I didn't even touch the record of 8 perfect times...we only had one.
Sunday was church in the morning and shopping in the afternoon- trying to find Christmas dresses. Found the Christmas dresses and walked out with two extra outfits as well....didn't need them but the price was right and they were cute.
Went to the long awaited book fair after school today.... we were hopeful for some fun book shopping. Had more of a rummage sale feel to it- very glad we went on the first day as there were very few books there and very few copies of what they did have. I guess the key is to be grateful for what was there. Madison managed to pick some books while she was grumbling something that sounded like "you call this a book fair"...... Ellie of course- pleased as punch as she bought their entire stock of fairy books plus one "Catwings". A new record has been set in the house- Maddie has finished two of the books she bought at 4 pm today (its 8:30 pm now).....and she swam for an hour and half of that! Granted one book was fairly short- like 60 pages, but the other was at least 150 pages. Ellie would like it noted here that she too broke a personal record as she read one whole book today....fairly long one- those fairy books are nothing to sneeze at!

I would like to say a thank you to Ellie for being the guest blogger last time. I know its nice for you guys to hear how things are around here from someone other than me. Thanks Ellie!

Oh, and a happy note for me- the temperature reached a chilly 78 degrees this evening! First below 80 I have seen- thinking of breaking out the parka.....

No comments:

Post a Comment