subtitle

Endurance....

Friday, November 13, 2009

In a nutshell.....

What do I have to say that would sum up the week and the girls right now?

-Maddie has joined the choir, still begs daily to be home schooled, sometimes complains about going but still loves swimming once she is there, mostly plays nicely with but still will psychologically torment her sister when the opportunity arrises, seems to be reading even faster now -reads one to two books a day depending on the book and the day.

-Ellie is coming across personality issues in the classroom that she is attempting to mediate (the boy with the bad behavior saying bad words- she is working on him), still loves school and Ms Baza, is very excited about the book fair next week at school, will now attempt to eat cafeteria food if what is listed doesn't look too offensive-but really is just as happy with a peanut butter sandwich, reads daily but not obsessively- she would actually rather have long drawn out conversations which are always entertaining :)

Kevin and I are the same. He is still tolerating work, even liking it at times I would guess- but you would have to ask him.
My work drives me slightly crazy- but I am pretty sure that is normal in the teaching field....I'll have to remember to ask Micki and Laura about that..... not to mention that Guam is a bit backwards about some things so that gives you the "one step forward, two steps back" feeling most days.

Ending on a happy note this week- they are rebuilding the burnt down hut in the courtyard at Southern High! Actually took this picture while I was on the phone with Julie- so nice chatting with you Julie! The new hut is being built because Chamorro day is coming (don't know what that is but I will keep you posted as I find out). A new hut seems like a small thing- but a positive thing...

1 comment:

  1. I love your positive attitude Sam! It is contagious. The girls sound like they are doing well and I always loved how chatty Ellie was -- she and Kara would get along great! Maddie and Hannah are the avid readers --my only wish is that Hannah kept her room clean with as much enthusiasm as she reads.....but they say Einstein was messy :)

    Have a wonderful evening and I will post Disney photos over the weekend. I have been working more than I planned this week and could walk in to more work today with Carrie set to deliver earlier than planned....so things are nuts here...BUT that is nothing new :)

    ReplyDelete