subtitle

Endurance....

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Day at home.


Nice day off.
By the time I got out of bed at 7am, the girls had already typed their letters to Santa. Can you believe kids now a-days? Letters to Santa done on the computer with fancy fonts, borders and clip art.....paper and pencil did us just fine growing up!
Here is what Maddie's looked like on my computer before printing it.....
.....and since we are out of various inks for my computer and Guam doesn't sell my ink, this is what Santa is ending up with.....
I am sure Santa won't mind, besides its still nice and its what the letter says that really matters anyway. We will be very thankful when the inks arrive....Grandpa Gillam is on it!
Ellie's Santa letter was very cute and she made snowflakes for Mr. and Mrs. Claus.


The girls had some nice down time at home (as seen by the dress-up photo at the beginning of the blog). We went out to breakfast and did some browsing at the Exchange- actually managed getting some Christmas shopping done. Also bought some sand castle making equipment for Ellie- she embarrassed me into it.....when I read on her blogging day that she was not liking using the kitchen equipment I really felt obligated.
The day ended at Gab Gab Beach with some snorkeling. We invited our friend Mike Thornton along. He was our neighbor in Panama City and is here without his family- they are coming for a month in December and we are excited to be seeing them! Mike loves snorkeling- he is actually the guy that has the eels living in his beach waters. Maddie was enthralled to have a fellow fish enthusiast along.
Because we went so late in the day- it was literally my best beach day yet! Cooler outside and high tide. I suggested to Kevin that we should go at this time all the time- he wasn't so big on that.
Ellie made a lovely sand castle with the new molds- of course I didn't bring a camera- I know right? I took a picture with my phone...so as soon as I figure out how to get that on my computer.......ya, I'll keep you posted.

Hope your day off is as unproductive as mine was- the one thing I wanted to do was put the Halloween stuff away.....I am thinking I will just wait a while longer and swap the Halloween things out for Christmas decorations!

No comments:

Post a Comment