subtitle

Endurance....

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Happy Tuesday...

Yes it was a happy Tuesday, right up until flu shot time at the kids school came around. Let me start this by saying I am not huge on immunizing if its not mandatory....but since we are on Guam which kinda constitutes a self contained cesspool of viruses I figured this year the girls would get vaccinated against the flu. So when I picked the girls up at 3pm we were to go into the cafeteria for their vaccinations. You would have thought I was torturing them by the crying which started in the lobby and carried on clear through and beyond their vaccinating. And understand this- it was just the mist, not even an actual injection! Madison has always had a phobia of any sort of physical invasive procedure- seems Ellie has now picked up on it. All this adds up to a very embarrassing time for me, two grown children having to be corralled (one had to be held- I won't tell you which, but her name starts with Ellie) and firmly sat down all the while crying.....for the flu MIST. Needless to say they lost all stories, dessert and electronics- and had to deal with a very not happy mom.......I am still shaking my head- really, it was only the mist......















There are few advantages to having my day start
before all of yours- but a really fun one
for me is that I get to be the first to wish my
Grandpa a very happy birthday! I adore you Bill :)
and wish I were there to hug you in person.
Grandma, be sure to give Grandpa a big
birthday hug for me and tell him I love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment