subtitle

Endurance....

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Vacation mode.

You can almost sense it in the air......the girls are free! The toys are out, the books piled up, plans being made......life truly is good for them.
It is a well deserved week long break. Though I have to say I am already dreading dealing with the emotions of having to go back to school next week. Its never good.

Had our open house at school. It was a lot of work but as far as I am concerned it went well. It was SO hot (no air-conditioning in the cafeteria) but we had a lot of students sign up for nursing for next year so that was good.
According to the counselor my program did great but we didn't have enough students sign up for the other programs. He threatened having to do another open house day- this didn't make me happy.....I mean it was great and all but do it again? Thank goodness the principal nixed that idea.
I know it is selfish of me since my program is the one filled up, but I REALLY didn't want to sweat it out for a do-over for the other programs. And you know, its kinda a bonus for those teachers- small classes are easy classes right?

1 comment:

  1. Do they have a teacher of the year award?Sounds like the word among students would be to have you nominated.Congrats on providing a wonderful educational opportunity. I know you have done a wonderful job and will be welcomed back next year.
    With everyone on vacation it sounds like eat out week coming up...Hope Kevin has a great week with his girls.
    Loads of love to all

    ReplyDelete