subtitle

Endurance....

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Tomorrow

Everyone goes back tomorrow. Oy

This weekend was a wrap up of "oh we forgot to do....." before back to normal tomorrow.
Maddy has been wanting a hair cut- which I finally got for her on Saturday. She has been wanting bangs- so there they are. She is thrilled with her new hair, constantly rearranging it, we even bought a round brush and gel to help her through :) So pre-pre-teen......
Maddy also had to write a DARE essay over the break (which of course was done today) and you would have thought I was asking her to build the pyramids. The weeping and frustration would have broke your heart- had you not known she was just being dramatic!
The essay was of course completed, and she got over it quickly enough to read Kingdom Keepers II for the second time.

Ellie had to make a topographical map- which she of course had completed even before the break began! So Ellie spent her last day catching up on pen-pal business. It involved some cards and a Flat Kate story and picture. You can't really tell (from this really bad picture I took- blurry and red eye!) that Ellie's right eye is irritated. Right at the end of church today she poked herself in the eye, I would like to say this is the first time...... But it really was watering for hours after, sore and red! When she went to bed tonight it was still swollen- may need a Dr. visit tomorrow.

Speaking of Dr. visits- Aggie and Kevin made an emergency trip to the vet's today. Aggie had another overheated-breathing attack. So scary. The vet has suggested that she is put under and have her throat checked out- so Wednesday she will be in for that. Also so scary....... hate her having to do all this at age 11, but her breathing is definitely not getting better on its own.

I am somewhere around the 5 weeks left of teaching mark. Yay me!
Friday I had my evaluation, I was so nervous- but I would like to brag a bit here and say that there are 5 possible levels and I reached second from the highest. I have to say it is mostly because the majority of the criteria has to do with organizational/methodical traits (which I can't survive without) and course maintenance (which I had to do tons of-since starting new this year) and extra efforts like tutoring (which seems to be a necessity due to anatomy physiology being a really tough course). The irony is it may mean nothing to my pay grade because A) I am not hired yet for next year and B) It may not carry over to next year if I am hired because I am not permanent now. Whatever....... still glad I did well!

I have a favor to ask of you guys.
Just so I know who I am gearing these posts toward- could everyone who reads my blog send me a quick email/facebook/or comment just to let me know you are reading it? At this point I am not sure what information to put in the blog as I don't know who reads it! Sorry to be a pain- thanks!

8 comments:

  1. Please please don't change a thing,,,Love the pictures and the daily news reports.We rely on you to cheer us up daily . Your beautiful Island and wonderful experiences would be missed as much as we miss y'all.
    Hope all is well for your teaching position next year,,,sounds like you are a most valuable asset.
    Let us know how Aggie does for her appt.....and we love the girls pictures,,such beautiful hair on both the wee ones.
    Off now to see the Grands...Gram will be over soon to see your pictures.
    Loads of love to all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SAMANTHA please continue with this blog and the wonderful pictures and comments. it absolutely makes our day and look forward to it each day. We print a lot of the pictures and comments for Bill & Theo and they are most appreciative. Love to y'all - Sue & Joe

    ReplyDelete
  3. reading almost every day. though i don't comment much, i always like to catch up on what the Gillams are doing. still waiting to hear how your orders to newport war college are coming along...kevin? it's never to early to get that ball rolling. Bryan was asking the other day when he called from the IKE. i also enjoy hearing about the girls. so many adventures for you all. get your island fill and get back here to the states. we miss you. do you know with a few more islanders guam is in jeopardy of flipping over:) sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sam-
    I love reading the blog and catching up on daily life. Just think it is such a neat idea and wish I had done that while stationed in Hawaii! Love watching the girls grow up too besides the Christmas card each year!

    Cannot wait to hear about your next adventure and sure hope Aggie's appt goes well on Wednesday!

    chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I am here - but I don't want you to feel bound to the daily report. I'm good with a weekly re-cap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love reading your blog and your life over there. Just got back at it after I was talking with Sue yesterday. I'm still in scrapping and love our new store in Welland at the corner of Thorold & Prince Charles especially all the new products & Bo Bunny Lines in particular. Was up to Scrapfest show in Kitchener and looking forward to CKC in Buffalo in May.The Scrapping Nook is still on line & you should check out the Gallery - super new designers. Hope to see you this summer. Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love peeking into your family life. Sure wish I was there with you, but I've become a faithful follower of the Gillam clan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I check in on your blog from time to time. Maybe once a week. I enjoy reading the blog and the pictures! Helps me to re-visit Guam with out the whole middle of the ocean thing!! Too bad Guam isn't an hour flight away!

    ReplyDelete