subtitle

Endurance....

Friday, April 16, 2010

Guest Blog (wow, twice in one week)

I'll keep this one relatively short.

This morning (Friday), much to my dismay, the girls came into the computer room and announced they didn't want to go on a boonie stomp to Spanish Steps. It seems they teamed up and outvoted me to instead go to a waterpark at the 'Onward Beach Resort'. This is the same place they swim 4 nights a week, except the waterpark part is always closed by the time we get there.

So, we left the house around 10:30. On the way though, we stopped at the bank to open a savings account for Ellie. She approached me a few nights ago and informed me she had $102 burning a hole in her pocket and she wanted to put it in the bank. Apparently she's saving up $175 to buy some kind of American Girl product. Below is a photo of Ellie holding the bank account application. Once that was done, she was given a receipt, a sticker, a pencil, and a stuffed animal (I think it's called Sammy the Saver or something like that). I have a feeling Maddie will be asking for an account soon.

The rest of the day was spent at the waterpark doing the lazy river, wave pools, waterslides, and a huge slide called the Manta - you'd have to see it to believe it - but I don't think U.S. safety inspectors would allow it to be built in the states! Maddie and Ellie loved it of course.

After that, we went to Wendy's (see Greg, even you could survive on Guam) for a quick bite and a break from the water before I brought them back to the waterpark for swim practice. All in all, a great day to end our spring break.

Greg, Guam's not so bad after all.

1 comment:

  1. Dearest guest blogger Kevin,

    You get my votes for DAD OF THE MONTH - not only did you take the girls to the location of their choice, but you had a camera. That is so impressive..... you have no idea!

    See you guys soon!
    Melda

    ReplyDelete