subtitle

Endurance....

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Quick Update....


All is well in our neck of the woods. The girls have been busy playing whatever games they got for Christmas. I think trying to jam it all in before they go back to school. Ellie was bit by a red ant on Christmas day, caused her foot to swell up a lot- so she spent yesterday with her foot up and lots of Benadryl doses. Today her foot is much better, a little swelling left but nothing bad. I was glad we got to miss the Dr. on this one.
Maddie went today to get her first military ID card- its a 10 year old thing... You would have thought we were asking her to go to her slaughter the way she cried about it. " I don't want to be 10, I don't need an ID card, I won't turn my head to the camera" and on and on. After I explained that she couldn't have it both ways- if she wanted to do "big girl" things like stay up later, read certain books and watch Harry Potter movies- then she needed to do the other things that were all part of the growing up package. I feel bad for the girl- she really fears growing up- but man it wears on ya! At least I got her to smile for the picture I took!

Had a day with the Thorntons. Went to Pizza Hut for lunch, and tried to go to the base pool. It was of course closed for 24 hours- I believe the words "explosive diarrhea" were muttered as the reason. So we headed to Gab Gab Beach instead and had a nice time.
Afternoon movie and swim practice rounded out the day.

Really busy! Again, trying to jam as much into our days off as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment