subtitle

Endurance....

Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas vacation day one...

So nice. The girls are so relaxed, and pulling out games, toys, dolls- anything they usually don't have time for. Kevin and I woke up at 7am to the sounds of "You landed on my railroad- pay up!" Monopoly always makes me so nostalgic for when we were kids. The game you see above is the game the girls and I started with my first coffee this morning- we had to pause for swim practice at Leo Palace and then some room cleaning- but I am sure will resume after I am done blogging. The girls pulled out the American Girl stuff in between but they are anxious to get back to monopoly. Maddie is quite the property acquire-er, and Ellie is a bit of a miser.
Here is the end product of a cleaned up room. I am trying to let the girls be in charge of their own domain but it gets crazy-cluttered. It calls for a clean sweep every now and again. And today is as good a day as any- we have a little girl coming to stay with us next week from Japan. She is coming for "swim camp" over Christmas with Tsunami and we offered up our home- the least we can do is have a neat room for the girl! It should be a different experience- the coach says she doesn't speak english....he suggested I learn some Japanese- not sure he understood my laughing response.

Gotta go, I have two girls waiting "patiently" at the monopoly table....

No comments:

Post a Comment