subtitle

Endurance....

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

No gifts for me?


Ellie had been quite bothered by the fact that Madison had a gift wrapped under the tree for her but there were none with Ellie's name on it. Now to be fair, we haven't done any of our wrapping (including the ones from Grandma Sue and Grandma and Grandpa Gillam- by the way, not really enjoying being so far away that everyone has the company send the girls gifts straight here so I become wrapping queen.... not to diminish how grateful we are for the gifts, the girls will be SO excited :) So really no one has presents under the tree yet. The reason Maddie has a wrapped gift under the tree is that it is from Ellie, who was anxious to wrap it up days ago. So everyday Ellie has been looking under the tree to see a gift for her to no avail. Last night was the last straw.... " You know what I'd like, I'd like to see a gift under there for me, would that be ok?"
And since I am still up for mom of the year- I grabbed a gift and wrapped it up while she was sleeping. You would have thought today was Christmas- I have never seen a child so happy to not be opening a gift.
She did ask if she could open it early. Seems there is a plot afoot to open at least one present early because "Mom opened her iPhone early!" So it turns out Gene, you are right- nothing good can come from before Christmas openings.....though I am sure Ann disagrees since she got to open one early this year too! Hope you are loving the Scentsy Ann.

Along the same lines, I would love to mention my Dad and Esther here. Every year they donate various needed items to people in need on behalf of their grandchildren. The girls get to pick what they want donated. Madison chose to educate a girl in a country where it is frowned upon. When she picked this she yelled "fight the government!" with a fist in the air....oy. Ellie chose to give a toy-saying every child deserves one. I'd like to thank Dad and Esther for giving my girls the opportunity to think past themselves. Love you guys.

Nine days out people...... everyone ready?

No comments:

Post a Comment