subtitle

Endurance....

Sunday, October 17, 2010

You know what would be nice?

For tomorrow to not be Monday. Once again, so not ready for it.

Today was nice- went really fast yet not sure what we did.....
Church, lunch, speech writing (future historian living right here in our house- hopefully) book sorting (which seems to have become a monthly event, but I think we have it down now....... won't lie, its the Kindle that is making the outlook of less book-clutter possible) concluded with supper and games night.
..... for everyone but Maddy that is. She chose reading over gaming- go figure.

Thanks Ellie for this random photo of me- the best part of it is that it proves to Julie that I am wearing the shorts she sent..... thanks Julie! Luv ya!

We have a halloween countdown going on here (thanks for this photo too Ellie :)..... Ellie's costume is chosen and waiting in her closet for the big day. Maddy has yet to decide..... I am really looking forward to the last minute panic and tears that are sure to accompany October 31st.... can't wait.
Speaking of Maddy, thought I would post her candidacy speech:

I am Madison Gillam- you may have seen my posters and handouts that read Maddy G for historian, cause my full name, Madison Gillam wouldn’t fit. Thanks a lot mom for giving me an eight-letter, three-syllable name. I will not stand up here and list a bunch of practical boring things that you may or may not even care about. I’m also not going to go on and on about what a historian is…… if you really want to know and don’t already, then I suggest you Google it because I only have three minutes and don’t want to waste your time. Now what I am going to tell you is why you should vote me for your next historian. There are SOOOOOO many awesome reasons- most of which have to do with my great personality J But the more serious ones would be that I am super extremely creative…. Cause really, who else would think of handing out silly bands as a campaign strategy?……… (Which by the way isn’t bribery….. just ask Ms Baa.). I also happen to be really really really really smart, total straight A student- and not braggy at all!My goal as historian is to make this year unforgettable for the Seahawks at McCool School! I will be reliable and enthusiastic in my work as historian. Everything I do will be outstanding. I will show future generations how great we made the 2010-2011 school year! The main thing you need to know about me is that I have a passion for the written word. That’s right, I read encyclopedias for fun and Shakespeare is my favorite author. So when I tell you that I’m serious about being your historian you better believe that I will be creative, accurate and definitely never boring.So peace out, have fun living and don’t forget to vote Madison Gillam for historian! By the way- the best quote I ever read said this: “all the animals except for mankind know the main principle in life is to have fun!”. VOTE MADDY G!


2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH! LOVE the speech.......when will it be given and can I go watch?! I asked Michael if he knew Maddy was running for historian and he said "no, what?" So....maybe she should branch out to the "soccer jocks" table at lunch. hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  2. For Maddy - love the speech girl! If I were in your school I would definitely vote for you. Great job to you and your sister on all your swimming. We miss you girls...a lot! Megan and Maddie are going to be witches this year for Halloween which reminds me of you and Ellie. Hope you have a great Halloween with lots of treats. Love the Halloween village decor too. Hugs and kisses, Mrs. Williams

    ReplyDelete