subtitle

Endurance....

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The flora and fauna


They came today to paint the house. They rang my doorbell to let me know that they were going to pull down our plant. Really so sad! This guy was a baby when we got here. He has grown taller than me, clinging to the wall the whole time.
Tiny little finger-like projections that helped it cling and grow.
I'll miss that plant- Maddy shed a tear for it when she got home from school.

I'm pretty sure I have mentioned the toads before. This photo only shows two of them- imagine 12 more on the lawn and then you are getting the picture! Very eery when they are staring at you......
eery......

Update- remember the two boonie dogs on the side of the road? Well apparently, according to my student they don't live near there. The reason they always were at the side of the road is that some "howlie" (caucasian) guy feeds them on his way out of the base after work every night. Their nick names are Burt and Ernie. And I guess to be more correct- there is now only one boonie dog. His buddy is definitely gone. Just Burt. Kinda sad.... hate that the homeless dog lost his only family.
Maybe he would like some frog friends..... I can start a relocation program..... also, I have a big ole chopped down plant so I can build him a hut maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment