subtitle

Endurance....

Friday, October 22, 2010

FRIDAYYYYY!

So grateful to be at the end of my week.
The girls and Kevin had a great day off doing a whole lot a nothing..... which is just perfect since downtime is sincerely to be cherished- for both the girls and Kevin!

Got a text at work (yes, thats right- I use my cell at work.... told my students my phone is the only one I ever want to hear in the class) from Melda suggesting a GNO tonight- I jumped all over that! It will be nice to be out, get some food and I think stop by the now coveted Ben Franklin craft store- I get to take Melda, she is super crafty and has never been there so it will be a treat for her. Gotta say, you know its sad when a "treat" for anyone is going to a disorganized, moldy, warehouse style store.... just sayin'.

Had an island-wide earthquake drill this week:
... a proud moment when you can manage to convince 25 high school students that diving under your desk is a good idea. They were all (save one who needed extra "convincing" from me) really great sports about it. The best part was when a school aid came in and yelled at me because I released them from the drill too soon..... so we all dove back under the desks waiting for the all clear bell. Yup, great sports about it.

And just this last thing:
Maddy made a collage for school that was to reflect them as a person. Really enjoyed watching her put this together. Enjoyed it even more when I made suggestions for her to add to it, and got the "no, I don't think so mom" reply. So this truly does reflect her- no input from me was allowed! Just the way it should be :)

1 comment:

  1. enjoyed my time spent with you, as always!
    Really, I could walk around a craft store (however disorganized) every weekend........
    and be completely happy walking out without a purchase, (which Mike found to be amazing, by the way)

    Happy Weekend!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete