subtitle

Endurance....

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Well......

First off I need to apologize for ditching last night- wasn't feeling great so I was in bed by 6pm....... which ironically did feel great :)

Lots o swimmin' today.
Started with a swim meet this a.m. Pretty good swimming from the Gillam girls. Maddy took 3 sec off her 50 breast..... since she hates the stroke can't complain there.
Ellie managed to get a B time for the 100 breast...... for the 9-10 girl category! Not bad for an 8 year old! So very proud.

Maddy swam an 800m ocean swim in the afternoon after her morning swim meet.
Did a great job despite her mood....... our Maddy can get quite the attitude when she is nervous about something......
... thus the cranky face above.
This was the first open water swim Maddy did without Coach Lewis trailing to make sure the younger swimmers didn't drown. I think its mostly me that liked having him with her for the open water swims- she didn't bat an eye that he wasn't out with them today.
Coach Toshi and Coach Lewis are so great- I know I have said it before but the amount of patience they have with my girls is beyond comprehension. Really am grateful for them.

Sincerely beyond proud every time she does one of these. Mostly because I would never do it! Love that she is braver than me :)
The day was finished off with dinner at Ruby Tuesdays and an evening swim practice. Special shout out "thanks" to Coach Toshi for making it a realatively short practice! I know I was ready to go home...... and again, I am not even the one swimming.....
Really, can I say just so proud again?

No comments:

Post a Comment