subtitle

Endurance....

Monday, October 11, 2010

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

For all my Canadian friends and relatives- A very happy thanksgiving to you. I baked a pie in your honor..... ok so it is a chicken pot pie, but a pie nonetheless.

We have definitely hit autumn full swing on this tropical island- I only know this because the fall decorations came out at the Gillam house. Cause the weather is still sayin' summer....
We went to a craft store here- Ben Franklins- to get clay for a school project for Maddy...... and hit a little piece of heaven.
So many cute crafty nooks and crannies to look in. Kevin even found a favorite brand that Julie and I shop when we go to Pennsylvania....... made me teary.
But I felt so much better once I had outfitted our dining room table for fall and Christmas. Got my country shopping fix until next summer Julie!

Hit the exchange next, where Maddy entertained herself under a rack reading.
And Ellie found the pumpkin patch. Ok so its not the same as actually visiting a pumpkin patch from back home- but we'll take it. Desperate times.......

The girls took on a crafty project- no doubt encouraged by the craft store visit. They decided to replace their knot-blankets with new ones. So material was chosen and then the knotting began...... I think this is Aggie's favorite craft project so far!
Maddy took a lot longer making her blanket than Ellie did.........
.... not sure why- could be that she got half a book read during her "breaks".

And lastly-
Maddy is running for middle school historian at McCool School. So get out the vote! Ok, so most of you have absolutely no voting power on Guam at a middle school- but I am sure she will accept prayers and well wishes :)

1 comment:

  1. What a fun weekend! So bummed I missed the craft store outing...... I was sleeping in the grass at the "yacht club" while the boys pretended to sail. (I say pretended, cause there was no wind!)

    ReplyDelete